Monday, April 2, 2018

WSPC'S SESSION NOTES APRIL 2018: SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL MUSIC

FROM THE DJ'S STUDIO DESK:
To all of the local musicians, creating passionately, anxiously, ferociously and fearlessly, I salute you...

To all of the local DJs who keep spreading the word, the news, the sounds, the visions and the dreams, I salute you...

To all of the music writers, who compulsively and painstakingly put into words nothing less than the sheer emotions of those sensations their bodies make while listening, I salute you...

To the clubs who house these joyous events of communion, I salute you...

To the record stores, where everything comes together, I salute you...

Saturday, April 21st is the date for this year's Record Store Day  and I sincerely hope that you take the time to spend even a few moments inside a local business that performs a tremendous duty for local communities as well as for the art form of music itself. Come for the rarefied, expensive, exclusive items and stay for the people, the conversations, the discoveries, the search and the hunt and of course, for the music.

And always...yes, always...PLAY LOUD!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment